There are many useful medicines to have around the house and antiseptic cream is one of them, given the fact that it can be used for a wide range of purposes. Antiseptic creams contain substances with disinfecting properties, which makes it ideal for small cuts and grazes, open wounds and minor skin conditions, such as scabies. Apart from the store-bought versions, it is possible to prepare the antiseptic cream in the comfort of your home, using natural ingredients with disinfecting properties, such as turmeric. Keep on reading and discover more information on this rather interesting subject.
If you have decided to prepare the antiseptic turmeric cream in the comfort of your home, you should follow a recipe that works. The recipe that you will find below is recommended for scabies, a parasitic condition affecting the skin but you can use the resulting cream for other purposes as well (these will be presented in a subsequent paragraph). In the meantime, let us see how you can make your turmeric antiseptic cream, using, of course, the golden spice and a few additional, yet highly beneficial, ingredients. As a mention, it will not take more than a couple of minutes to prepare the cream, so do not worry about not having enough time.
These are the ingredients that you will require for the antiseptic turmeric cream:
- ground turmeric (1 oz.)
- neem oil (2 oz.)
- coconut oil (1 oz.)
- freshly-squeezed lemon juice (1 oz.)
- tea tree oil (10 drops).
- Once you have gathered all of the ingredients mentioned here, you can move on to preparation.
- Take a bowl and mix all of the ingredients, until you obtain an even consistency.
- You can then pour the resulting mixture into a container and use it as needed, on the affected part of the skin.
- You can maintain the application for about twenty minutes, then rinse it off (you can also leave it longer on the skin).
- In general, it is recommended to use the cream two or three times per day, depending on the condition.
- One thing to keep in mind is that turmeric may stain the clothes you are wearing, so pay attention to such matters.
As it was mentioned at the beginning of the article, the antiseptic turmeric cream can be used for a wide range of minor problems, this being the reason why you should always have it made. The natural solution is recommended for cuts and grazes, but it should be pointed out that it does have limitations; if the cut is deep or the graze is extensive, you might need to visit a doctor. The cream can also promote the healing of the skin in case of small wounds, but once again, only for such kind of wounds and not larger ones. Last, but not least, you can use the antiseptic turmeric cream to disinfect the skin generally or as a topical treatment for parasitic conditions, such as scabies.