Instead of using the very strong lemon essential oil, try making your own lemon oil at home so that you are saved from the damaging effects it has on your tooth enamel.
- Olive oil- 1/4 – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – from 1/2 – 1 fresh lemon
- Take the oil in a jar with lid.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice into this oil.
- Cover the jar with the lid.
- Shake it well and place it in shade to prepare an infusion.
- Let this infuse for few weeks before you start using it for your oral health.
- Shake it once everyday.
- After a few weeks, may be 3-4 weeks, start using this lemon oil.
-To use it, you can take a small amount of the lemon oil on to your finger or a toothbrush.
-Massage your gums gently with this for few minutes.
-Do this only once a week or at the most twice a week, not more than that.