One of the most prized medicines throughout Asia for the last few thousand years is the mineral Shilajit.
Known euphemistically as the “destroyer of weakness,” much can be learned about the incredible properties and benefits of Shilajit by understanding the process of how it is created.
Shilajit is created in a very unique way. It can be found high in the Himalayan mountains and mountains across Asia, and is formed when vegetation is decomposed by the forces of nature. During the decomposition process, it becomes compacted and crushed by the weight of the monstrous mountains. Thousands of plants are decomposed and melt together. Relentless pressure and the changing weather cause it to seep out from the cracks in the rocks.
WHY SHILAJIT IS BENEFICIAL
After a lot of studies and researches it was discovered that, it is nutrient dense substance on the plane. It contain humic and fulvic acids which are the best detox nutrients for the heavy metals.
Over the course of millions of years, the lush primeval vegetation that once blanketed Asia was decomposed by the forces of nature, eventually becoming highly compacted under the weight of the mountains, which later formed as continental plates collided.
Over 6,500 different species of ancient plants spent many millennia in a sort of geological alchemy that created a thick, black, resin-like substance trapped deep within the Himalayan, Caucasus, and other famous mountain ranges in the region.
With this mineral are discovered spectrum different also very useful essential minerals.
They also found amino acids, fulvic, humic, ellagic, fatty acids and plant sterols.
Also with this mineral people know the benefits and they notice that with their health and wellbeing.
The benefits of Shilajit
- Adaptogenc (helps to restore the balance to one’s system and giving endurance)
- Controller of thousand body’s delicately tuned processes, hormones.)
- Restoration of the sexual function
- promote the conitive abilities
- reduce anxiety and stress
- improve mood
- generally extend lifespan
- reduces pain and inflammatory
- heals the digestive tract
- keep harmful bacteria in check
- removing heavy metals
- Treat: allergies, malnutrition, anemia, broken bones.
SELECTING QUALITY SHILAJIT
Shilajit can be found seeping wildly in many mountain ranges across Asia, although each culture tends to have its own name for the substance. In Western and Central Asia it is typically referred to as Moomiyo, but in the areas in and around the Himalayas, it is referred to as Shilajit. While this may seem semantical, it is an important distinction due to the fact that, depending on the source, Shilajit/Moomiyo will have different compositions. Generally speaking, the best quality Shilajit is believed to originate from the Himalaya area.
However, because Shilajit is somewhat rare and difficult to collect, as well as the fact that the world’s supply originates in developing countries, the quality varies widely in the products currently available through various health food stores and websites worldwide (specific search for Shilajit on Amazon).
The most sought after and rare form is the night-black mineral resin, with only a handful of companies selling it worldwide. It is a sticky, wet-looking “tar” that is an intensely concentrated and purified form of Shilajit. It can be pricey, although a little goes a long way, making even a small amount last for months, even at higher dosages.
That being said, there are many excellent, more affordable Shilajit products that come in a powdered form—though they will generally be slightly less concentrated and potent than the pure resin. The primary benefits of the powder are the ease of use, price, and the ability to measure precise amounts, if needed, as the resin itself is quite sticky.
When using a powder discernment is needed, as not all brands are equal. The vast majority of products available worldwide are actually diluted Shilajit powders. Pure Shilajit resin is composed of approximately 2% to 10% naturally occurring humic and fulvic acids with the remaining portion composed of minerals and other medicinal substances.
However, adulterated products are typically 10% to 30% actual Shilajit powder and about 70% to 90% extracted humic and fulvic acids, which can be produced cheaply in a lab and added afterwards. While not dangerous, the adulterated Shilajit powders do not posses the same powerful medicinal properties.
Authentic, quality Shilajit always has a distinct, strong piercing tar-like odor that is unmistakable. If the product you have does not have a noticeably intense smell or seems ‘faint’, then it is likely old or diluted Shilajit.
Shilajit is not grown like most herbs and foods, so there are no organic or conventional distinctions. If authentic and unadulterated, Shilajit is wildcrafted, which is truly what lends it such incredible healing properties!
It is really important that you buy genuine Shilajit because there are many fake options.
1. LOTUS BLOOMING HERBS
About the Product:
- LAB TESTED FOR SAFETY by USA, third party, FDA registered, cGMP certified, independent laboratory.
- Our highest grade Authentic Shilajit is provided in it’s purified RESIN form. A black gooey mineral complex. We do not offer capsules or powder. Shilajit contains over 85 minerals and trace elements the human body needs to function optimally and fulvic acid, which helps the body absorb these minerals at a cellular level.
- 100% pure, highest grade, Himalayan shilajit.
- We personally source, select and oversee purification in the Himalayas.
- Sourced from altitudes above 16,000 feet.
2. Pure Himalayan Shilajit:
About the Product:
- Natural and pristine environment, no machinery or chemicals used, ethical harvesting
- Genuine traditional warm spring water and herbal solution purification
- Packed fresh and liquid right after purification, no high temperature drying procedures
- Tested for metals and microbiological safety by USA laboratory
- How to use and dosage measurement instruction is included + wooden spatula and additional cover
3. PÜRBLACK Shilajit:
About the Product:
- Elite resin. Unique patent-pending manufacturing method.
- Genuine resin without excipients of fillers.
- Outperforms all traditional Shilajit – Mumie in quality and efficacy.
- American technology. Manufacturing fully controlled by a US company.
- FDA requirements compliant. Comprehensive, transparent, testing.