But it doesn’t have to be that way!
1. Restore whiteness by rubbing toothpaste on your old shoes.
It doesn’t just whiten your teeth.
2. Clean leather with rubbing alcohol.
You won’t believe how dirty they were.
3. Freshen up your sneakers with baking soda.
It will give them that “brand new” smell once more.
4. Use a nail file to banish scratches.
They buff right out in no time.
5. Soak in a vinegar solution to get rid of bad smells.
A long soak in a solution of water and vinegar refreshes even the stinkiest kicks.
6. Shine patent leather with petroleum jelly.
They’ll gleam like diamonds.
7. Use cornmeal to absorb suede stains.
Water stain? What water stain?
8. Use a hair dryer to stretch out new shoes.
Don some woolly socks and “dry” your shoes to help form the leather to your feet.
9. Loosen too-tight shoes in the freezer.
Fill plastic bags with water and place them in your shoes. They will expand in the freezer, stretching your shoes to the ideal size.
10. Rub sandpaper on soles
You’ll never slip and fall again!
11. Gel deodorant helps prevent blisters.
It prevents the rubbing and chafing that can cause blisters. Plus it smells nice!
12. Wearing heels? Tape your toes together.
It’s a nice trick to prevent foot pain.
13. Waterproof canvas shoes with beeswax.
Even the flimsiest shoes become leak proof.
14. Soak feet in tea to soothe blisters.
The anti-inflammatory properties in tea work magic on your footsies too.
If you struggle with wearing high heels tips like #12 are definitely worth checking out. I know I’m definitely going to give it a shot!
Share these awesome shoe hacks with your friends below!