Very often, we go to bed feeling full or with an upset stomach. This is often a result of the consumption of a heavy meal, and its poor digestion may lead to acid reflux, interrupted sleep or heartburn.
However, this issue can be treated naturally. The mixture of coconut milk, ginger, and turmeric is extremely beneficial as it treats the symptoms of indigestion, like acid reflux and heartburn, and improves digestion.
The ingredients of this drink create its impressive health benefits. This article will present them separately:
Turmeric has many beneficial healing properties like:
1. It can ease the arthritis pain, due to its anti-inflammatory properties
2. It helps the liver detoxify by enhancing liver function, and also enhances the flow of bile (gallstone prevention)
3. It boosts blood circulation, and also thins the blood (people already on a blood-thinning medication should be very careful)
4. It heals and soothes the digestive tract, and even helps prevent ulcers due to the antiseptic properties.
5. It reduces the pain and fever associated with illness
6. It’s the best cure for cancer!
7. Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects that have the ability to ease the problems associated with the digestive tracts lining and protect the body from the occurrence of ulcers.
Coconut milk is another great ingredient. It comes with lots of healthy fats and provides antimicrobial effects which can ultimately prevent digestive or stomach issues caused by bacteria.
Black pepper is added because it enhances turmeric’s bioavailability and absorption of curcumin, which is the main ingredient in turmeric.
Honey is loaded with amino acids, enzymes, minerals and vitamins that can boost digestion and ease irritations in the digestive system.
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 inch piece of sliced and fresh ginger root or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1-quarter of a teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
Put all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the honey. Mix them well. Then, pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat it until it is at a low boiling and bubbling. Reduce the heat to low and let it cook for 5 minutes. When everything is finished, add the honey and drink it while it’s still warm.
As you can see, this recipe is very simple and easy to make. It is a powerful remedy for digestion and it will definitely help you prevent stomach problems at night.
It is recommended that you drink it 1 hour before you go to sleep. You’ll wake up refreshed and full with energy! You’ll be amazed of all its benefits! Enjoy!