“Golden Milk” is a beautiful, tasty and incredibly healthy drink that is especially suitable for consumption in the evening, and the benefits of drinking it are remarkable.
The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, polyphenol identified as the main active ingredient, which has over 150 potential therapeutic activities, including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
When combined with black pepper, the health benefits of curcumin are increased multiple times.
Further health benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory activity, antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic
- Strengthens the immune system
- Anti – cancerous
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels
- It stimulates the digestive health
- Liver detoxifier
- It regulates the metabolism and controls weight
- High blood pressure
- Memory and brain
- Different conditions of the skin
- Neurological disorders
- Lowers triglycerides
Step 1 – curcumin paste
- ¼ cup of curcumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup filtered water
Mix all ingredients in a small cooking pot and stir well. Turn the heat to medium and stir constantly until the mixture becomes a thick paste. It doesn’t take long, so don’t leave the stove. Allow the mixture to cool and then keep it in a small jar in the fridge.
Step 2 – Golden milk
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk (hemp or coconut milk are also a good option, and Ayurveda recommends cow’s milk, but just in case you have organic milk from a cow that hasn’t been treated inhumanely)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon or more of the turmeric paste
Combine all ingredients, except the honey, in a cooking pot. Turn the heat to medium. Stir the whole time and don’t allow it to boil. Add some honey for taste.