People have always searched for a longevity elixir, drinks and food that will prolong their lives. Even though human life-span is considerably increased since the earlier period of human history, old age still awaits us and – at least for now – it’s unavoidable.
Aging, however, does not have the same effects on each individual. Some 40-year-old people seem quite old and have wrinkles all over their faces, while others who have 60 years look as if they are just 40. Some people are vital and really healthy even in their older age, while others experience decline in health too early in their lives. Poor sight, forgetfulness, osteoporosis, heart attack, and other diseases like these are commonly associated with aging. However, studies have shown that age is not always responsible for these diseases, and that very common the ‘responsible’ ones are the genetic predispositions, poor physical activity, and unhealthy diet.
Here are several meal suggestions for longevity:
- Cereals with yoghurt for breakfast
- Boiled vegetables with some nuts
- Slices of wholemeal bread smeared with peanut-butter
- Lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drinking lots of water
- We reveal a great Japanese recipe for longevity, which will work its magic only if regularly consumed.
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 20 drops of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera
Mix all the ingredients together and consume this drink every morning. Those who are intolerant to garlic can replace it with 20 drops of hawthorn, while aloe vera can be replaced with nettle.