Energy foods are often organic and plant-based for the reason that they are loaded with energy vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, phytochemicals (phytonutrients) and fiber. These essential nutrients found in energy foods are important for boosting health, vitality and energy.
The best energy foods usually contain good levels of magnesium, a mineral that is needed by the body to produce hundreds of chemical reactions. There are thousands of high energy foods that give you energy beyond conventional foods. This article will list some of the best energy foods for rejuvenating your energy and youth. For best results, consume organic and whole foods and eat them raw whenever possible.
Ten healthy energy foods for energy and vitality
1. Wild blue-green algae: This natural energy food is extremely rich in nutrients. In fact, it contains nearly every nutrient known to scientists. It has been recorded that wild blue-green algae has over 90 naturally chelated minerals and carries all known essential fatty acids. Furthermore, it is high in protein and natural enzymes, and contains all vitamins except D and K. These nutrients found in wild blue-green algae are very important for boosting energy and vitality. The most convenient way to consume wild blue-green algae is in its supplement or powder form. Synergy Company makes some of the best and healthiest blue-green algae powders and supplements.
2. Goji berries (wolfberries): These little red berries are extremely high in vitamin C, making them great for boosting your immune system. They are also high in fiber, enzymes, antioxidants, vitamin A, B1, B2, B6 and E, and trace minerals. All these nutrients are important for helping your body produce energy and fight diseases.
3. Acai: This little purple energy fruit is as small as a grape but packs a lot of essential nutrients. Acai berries are known for their extremely high levels of antioxidants. They have been used as energy foods and for creating medicines by indigenous tribes in the Amazon for millennia. Once acai berries are picked, they lose a lot of their nutrients within 24 hours. If you don’t live near the Amazon rainforest, the best way to get most of acai’s health benefits is to consume freeze dried acai powder.
4. Blueberries: Like acai, blueberries are very small in size but have very high levels of antioxidants. They are also full of flavonoids, beta-carotene, fiber, enzymes, manganese, vitamin C, A and E. These essential nutrients found in blueberries are great for weight loss, immune health and energy.
5. Whole grains: These types of grains aren’t process and therefore they retain a lot of their essential nutrients. These energy boosting foods are great sources of fiber, phytonutrients, antioxidants, B vitamins, magnesium, vitamin E and iron. B vitamins, magnesium, vitamin E and iron are some of the best nutrients for increasing energy and vitality.
6. Kale: This green vegetable is loaded with a lot of flavonoids which are antioxidants. Researchers have identified over 45 different flavonoids in kale. Kale is extremely high in vitamin K, A and C, and is a good source of fiber, B vitamins, calcium and magnesium, making it great for bone and digestive health, and increasing vitality.
7. Spinach: Have you ever wondered why Popeye gets so strong after eating spinach? Spinach is very high in antioxidants and is packed with many essential nutrients, such as beta-carotene, vitamin K, A, C, manganese, folate, magnesium, calcium and iron. These nutrients are great for bone health, immunity and energy.
8. Maitake mushroom: This type of mushroom is loaded with a lot of natural healing chemicals, which is why it has been used as food and medicine in many Asian cultures for millennia. Maitake mushroom is a great source of copper, pantothenic acid, selenium and B vitamins. It is known for boosting the immune, cardiovascular, digestive and energy system, and for treating cancer.
9. Pomegranate: Certain ancient cultures believed that pomegranate had legendary powers, which was why they associated this red fruit with fertility, rebirth and vitality. Pomegranate has been shown to be beneficial for preventing cancer, heart disease and autoimmune disorders. This natural energy food is very high in potassium and is a great source of fiber, B vitamins and magnesium.
10. Ginseng: The root of ginseng contains a lot of antioxidants and healing chemicals, which is why it has been used by the Chinese and alternative medicine practitioners to boost immune function, vitality and energy, and to treat cancer, cardiovascular disease and sexual dysfunction for centuries. Ginseng has strong adaptogenic properties and thus it is commonly used for coping with stress. It is also used as a tonic to enhance physical performance, promote vitality, reduce stress and increase energy.
Most high energy foods need to be eaten within a few days or they will lose a lot of their healing nutrients and phytochemicals. If you want energy foods that have a long shelf life, you may want to purchase superfood powders, since they are great for energy and vitality, and they have a long shelf life. Visit this superfoods store for some of the best selections of superfood powders.