You may or may not be consciously aware of people’s energy. Certain people radiate positive energy, and others negative energy. It’s a combination of a person’s past, their mindset, their dominant thoughts and beliefs and their perception of the world. Sometimes that energy is easily felt, and other times it manifests as an instant like or dislike of a person you’ve just met (without having any obvious clues as to why you feel this way).
Positive people are loving, happy, compassionate, kind and supportive. You intuitively feel safe, happy and relaxed around them. Their vibe is welcoming.
Negative people are judgmental, unhappy (complainers) and they like to put others down. You intuitively feel insecure, unhappy and tense around them. Their vibe is off-putting.
The important thing to remember is that energy has polarity (opposites) and where there is one type of energy, you can swing the pendulum over to the other side. You have the power to move from negative to positive instantly. Here’s how:
1. Do whatever makes you happy. What lights your inner fire? What makes you feel right and good? Do more of it.
2. Tune in to your mind/body. If you have a gut feeling about something, follow it. Sometimes the gut feelings are danger signs and sometimes they’re welcome signs. Either way, your body is just one way for your Higher Self to communicate with you, so heed those red flag/green flag signals and don’t try to second-guess them or override them with logic. Your Higher Self can see the bigger picture. What happens if you go against your intuitive wisdom? You will be unhappy, resentful, frustrated, guilty, sad, angry… yuck! Always go with the gut feelings that feel GOOD and listen deeply to the ones that feel bad. If they feel bad now, before you’ve acted on your decision, then you can be sure that they will be even worse once you’ve crossed the line.
3. Choose to see the good in people. Some people are simply awful to deal with. There’s no getting around that. However, you don’t have to allow their negativity to impact you and once your interaction with them is over, you don’t have to carry their negativity around with you. You definitely do not have to allow them to drag you down. You don’t have to lower your vibration (and thoughts, words and actions) to their level, either. You can remain above all their negativity. Instead of criticizing, blaming or judging someone, make it a point to:
- compliment them on something
- be compassionate to the inner pain that is causing them to behave badly
- let it go!
5. Depression and anxiety can take hold very quickly but you don’t have to wallow in them. Wallowing begins with embodying an emotion by saying “I am.” How many times have you said, “I am angry” or “I am sad”? Saying that embodies the emotion! It’s better to experience the emotion – “I am feeling sad” or “I am feeling angry” – but do not ever say, “I AM sad” or “I AM angry.” Do not embody those feelings. Experience them and let them go. Only embody positive, empowering feelings: “I am happy” etc.
6. Talk about what can go right instead of what can go wrong. Focus on the future you want to create – a future based on love, happiness, abundance and freedom – and avoid speaking of a future based on fear, pain, lack and problems. This takes effort but you can retrain yourself to raise your vibration by deliberately focusing on the best-case outcome. Recently, scientists have proven that persistent negative thoughts and emotions impact the body. Negative beliefs make people prone to disease. The energy of thoughts affects the cells by altering the chemicals that make up the cells, that nourish the cells and that communicate with the cells. Support your body and well-being by choosing to think positive thoughts.
7. In any situation, imagine the two poles of energy. It’s like a temperature gauge on your water faucet – both ends are water, only one end is hot and the other is cold. Let’s apply that to energy: on the high end is the positive, high-vibrating energy that causes everything in that area of your life to be going smoothly. On the low end is the negative, low-vibrating energy that causes everything in that area of your life to be a series of problems and struggles. Whenever you find yourself in a situation you don’t like, mentally elevate your energy as high as your beliefs will allow, toward the high end of the spectrum. The more you do this, the more you will elevate your vibration, gradually changing your beliefs and therefore gradually changing your circumstances.