To keep these on the low-sugar side of things, use natural sugar-free organic nut butter and organic dark chocolate both preferably without any artificial emulsifiers. If you have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec, you can even make your own nut butters.
The Best No-Bake Bars You'll Ever Eat
- 1 cup organic raw nut butter (i.e. peanut, cashew, hazelnut)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil (be sure to use unrefined for the coconut flavor)
- 2 cups dry oats (not instant)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups organic dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Karen Foster is a holistic nutritionist, avid blogger, with five kids and an active lifestyle that keeps her in pursuit of the healthiest path towards a life of balance.