As Dow pushes for its new corn called “Enlist” to be approved by regulatory bodies, the USDA is saying it needs ‘more time’ to conduct environmental studies. It will come down to a battle of the public’s insistence verses the coffers of mega-billionaire companies, and we will either see new GMO alternatives or regulatory action. It’s more than this one crop that hangs in the balance, though. Dow first wants to roll out Enlist corn, followed by soybeans and cotton to be used in combination with its new Enlist herbicide that combines the weed-killers 2,4-D and glyphosate.
Since the USDA seems to need some help in making their decision, let’s have a gander at just some of the studies coming out in the past months about the negative impact of GMO on the environment as well as our health. I encourage you to share this article with as many people as you can to get the word out, as well as March on Saturday, May 25th in the March against Monsanto to help convince our government agencies that we’ve had enough of GMOs . Whether it’s from Monsanto, Dow, or anyone.
Here’s but some of the latest:
- The US Environmental Protection Agency has recently been slapped with a lawsuit because GMO agricultural practices and pesticide use is killing off our bees, a viral part of the ecosystem that helps to pollinate crops.
- GMO corn and the high fructose corn syrup which it is often used to make is killing us at staggering rates. Diabetes and cancer rates as well as obesity can all be traced back to GMO crops.
- The funky DNA in GMO crops is creating super bugs that then warrant more and more chemical fertilizers. When will it ever stop?
- GMOs are hiding in all kinds of foods since our government won’t support labeling, so the cereals you eat, the meals you dine on in restaurants, and even the ‘health’ food you consume is often laden with GMO.
- Organic farming can feed the world, even though we’ve been told otherwise.
Source: Natural Society